Sunday, May 17, 2009

Raspberry Suite Color Challenge Week 6

Good Sunday Afternoon to you!!!!
Hope you are enjoying your day of rest. I finally talked hubby into trying a new church this week. I think he may have liked it. I definitely want to try it again and Grace loved it. Then we went to look for tile for the kitchen floor. When Grace and I go to Florida (with mom, sister and niece) hubs will put in a new floor for me! YEA! How awesome is that, Go to the beach for a week and come back to a brand new kitchen floor!!!! Love that man.
Anyway, Dawn McVey has another Raspberry Suite Challenge this week. I love these colors. I used Dark Chocolate, Berry Sorbet, Aqua Mist and White. Score lines were made on the ScorPal.
The Dots were made using PTI Polka Dot Basics and CTMH Clear Embossing Powder. The bird was made by stamping and cutting out CTMH Bird Basics I stamped the feathers in CTMH White Daisy pigment ink. Happy Birthday to you is from Around and About by PTI. That whole section is raised on pop dots. Thank you for looking and I appreciate your visit today!
Cheers!
*Julie*




27 comments:

Erika said...

Pretty! I love the texture next to the crispness of the polka dot section.

Jean McKenzie said...

Julie, these colours work really well together! A very pretty card and I love the dots - and that little bird of course!

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous!!

Kelley Eubanks said...

Very cute! I really like this card! Thanks for visiting my blog! Seems like we live in the same town and state... small world!

Maureen P said...

love your use of the colours this week!! That bird on the ribbon is adorable! I see you will be published in upcoming Cards magazines! I subscribe and will look for your cards... congratulations!

Randee E said...

Oooh My! A winner for sure :0) Love everything about it. The colors are perfect. Just a great card.

One Creative Life said...

I love the texture this has and the cute bird!

Michelle Woerner said...

I love this! What a happy little birdie!

Sue Lelli said...

I love the textures and the bird is so cute!

Gwen said...

Oh! a real beauty!! Love the dots!

Alanna said...

This is so pretty. I Love that bird set from CTMH. Great job. I'll be back again.

jen said...

LOVE this combo! The bird detail is just right!!!

jaemom said...

This is SO pretty! Great use of the color scheme! Thanks for the inspiration. - Patty Y.

Val said...

That card is adorable. I love it.

Jenn said...

Gorgeous card Julie! I love the scoring and that sweet little birdie! :) Fabulous job on the color challenge.

I attempted this color challenge last night, but gave up about 30mins. into it since it just wasn't happening. I hope to attempt it again tonight...wish me luck! :)

Daniela F. said...

Just the right mix of patterns, texture and cuteness! Love it!!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Super fun scoring on the top of your card. Way to rock the color combo.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Winter said...

Oh, I LOVE it! Top pick for sure!

BethieJ said...

Your card is so PRETTY!! and YEAH for a new kitchen floor!!

Winter said...

Congrats, told you this was a top pick! :)

Jenn said...

Congrats on having your card in the spotlight...it was truly fabulous! :)

Kimberly's Krafts said...

Your card is awesome! Nice job! Congrats on being in the Spotlight!

I am now a follower!! :) Love your work!

Mimi said...

Congrats on you top pick!! The card is lovely!

Rose said...

Absolutely adorable card! Congrats!

Angie Tieman said...

Totally awesome card!! Congrats on the top pick!

Paula Pascual said...

Well deserved spotlight! Love it!

Tiffany Heilman said...

LOVE IT!!! The birdie and embossed diamonds are wonderful. Congrats on making the spotlite.