Friday, May 22, 2009

Family Love

Good Friday Morning to you all!!! I hope you have a wonderful day today. I get to go to my friend Tina's house and play with her Anya stamps! woohooo. But first let me share this scrapbook page with you. I got this idea from a magazine, CK possibly. Just take a bunch of strips of coordinating paper to make a border around your focal point. So cute and a great way to use up some scraps. When I went on my scrapping weekend at the cabin ALL of us made a page like this. For the faux stitching I used CTMH Simple Stitches (i did not have the sewing machine at the cabin so i faked it) The patterned paper and that paper flower is My Minds Eye. Love that paper kit!!! The bar code is CTMH Code it. The family love was spelled out with American Crafts foam and felt stickers. I would like to see yours if you try it yourself. Everyone turns out so differently. I have already tried this morning to make more Father's Day cards and failed. I threw what i have done so far in the trash. I just have such a hard time with manly cards!! ARRG! I'll try again later. Thanks for stopping by. ENJOY your long weekend!!!!
Cheers!
*Julie*

4 comments:

Jenn said...

This is FABULOUS Julie!!! I love all the strips of paper and the little pieces of ribbon you added...so perfect! :)

Good luck with the manly cards, I always have trouble with those. Have a fun and safe Holiday weekend! :)

Tina Mayo said...

I love this... hurry up and come over...

Leigh said...

Lovely page Julie

Jennifer (gojenlaw) said...

Julie, what a great way to use some scraps. I think I will be scraplifting this one. Great job. Jennifer