Thursday, May 28, 2009

Dad You Totally Rock!

WOW! Long time no see. Sorry I have been away. Things are so busy here right now. I just finished the first layer of glitter on the stars we are making for the dance recital. I have them outside drying now so I am praying it doesn't rain!!!! I hope you all have enjoyed your week. I have had a couple of request from people at work that they need fathers day cards. Most of them want some that they can give to thier hubbies from the kids. So this card came to my mind. I pulled some flame photos off of the Internet and traced one out onto Real Red Stampin' UP! cardstock. It looked a little plain so I dragged the white and black ink pads down the flames for some dimension. That kickin' font is Excalibur SF. I did not have stamps of this sentiment nor did I have this font in stamps so I just typed it in word and printed it onto white PTI cardstock. The True Black cardstock is also PTI. The skull stamp is TAC Playful Pirates. So cute, that is probably one of my fav stamp sets. I colored his patch and do rag with a red Prisma Color marker. Got more things on the to do list so I need to run. THANKS SO MUCH for your visit today. I hope you enjoyed it.
Cheers!
*Julie*



4 comments:

Jennifer (gojenlaw) said...

julie, cool card.

Jenn said...

Wow, this card is way cool Julie! :) Thanks for commenting on my post about how you take photos! :)

sarahw said...

Julie, love this! It made me smile. :)

Karen said...

Hi Julie! I think its so fun that you made your own flame and just love the ink you put to it for dimension! This does look like a perfect card for a kid, young or even a teen to give to dad. Hope your weather stays dry and that your stars do the same! :>