Saturday, May 9, 2009

Raspberry Suite Color Challenge Week 5

Good Morning Friends!!!!
It is Saturday! Yeah, It is my favorite day of the week AND I have time to play along with Dawn McVey's Raspberry Suite Color Challenge. LOVE the colors this week. I have a congratulations card to make for a friend at work who recently announced she is pregnant. What better colors to use for a pregnancy card than PINK! I started with The Angel Company stamp set called How Swell. Used the paper piecing technique for her polka dot shirt. I then used Copic Markers to color the rest of her. And I TOTALLY love the sentiment. It is Mega Mixed Messages from PTI. When someone asks me how I am, I usually say FABULOUS or ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS. People at work think I have lost my mind most of the time. I thought the sentiment fit since it is absolutely fabulous that Michelle is pregnant. The colors I used are also PTI Hibiscus, Raspberry Fizz and Smokey Shadow. Also used the Paisley Cuttlebug folder for some embossing. That is it. Thanks so much for looking. Hope you enjoy your day. Today is Grace's LAST dance competition! Wooohooo!!
Cheers!
*Julie*



19 comments:

peggysue said...

That is one happy card, and what better way to answer that question than to answer absolutely fabulous? My standard response is dandy. :)

Mara Campbell said...

I love the sentiment and that stamp image paired together, so cute!!! And the bright pink is perfect and love the ribbon bow!!

Tina Mayo said...

she is a very cute prego lady...love the colors too

Gina Lindsay said...

Cute Julie! Love the polka dots.

Jennifer said...

What a cute card. Great job!!

Kevin Renz said...

Cute card Julie! Love that pink :)

Sue Lelli said...

I usually don't like cutsie but there is something so adorable about this card! I just LOVE it!

Kathryn said...

Wow -- So CUTE!!!
What a wonderful card to give someone that just found out their pregnant -- Great job!!

Courtney Baker said...

That is really cute. I love that stamp! Those colors work perfect for it! Great job girl.

Teresa Kline said...

I luv this color combo, and your card is totally fabulous.....Happy Mothers Day! *~*

Deanna said...

Gorgeous I love it!

Gwen said...

oh gosh! this is just so stinkin cute! great job with the challenge!! I just love it!

Kristina said...

This is adorable! What a fun stamp, and great job with that paper piecing!

Shari Bielefeld said...

Happy Birthday to you, too! Thanks for the sweet comment! Your card is super cute, I just love that stamp!!

sarahw said...

LOVE THIS! The colors look great and the stamp is super cute! You rocked this challenge. :)

Kelley Eubanks said...

Great card! I love that image! I miss being pregnant!

PurpleD said...

wow, wow, wow. Fabulous colors, fabulous stamping and coloring!

Karen said...

I love it, Julie!! That is a great image and I love her paper pieced shirt. Your bow is Absolutely Fabulous!! :>

Winter said...

So pretty! Love the mommy stamp!