Saturday, October 10, 2009

Wish Big

WoooHooooo!!! It's Saturday. My favorite day of the week. It is nice and cool outside and I have some Broccoli Cheese soup to make for dinner. All is right with the world I tell ya! Most of all I have crafty time today! Hot digity!

I made this card for a color challenge for Embellish Magazine. I totally left out the twine so I could not turn this one in. It looks too much like the 4th of July to really be a birthday card huh? Well, its probably going to be a birthday card anyway!

Okay need to run, have things to do before we pick up Grace's sweet little friend Ali to spend the night with us. Ali moved away 2 years ago but these girls still keep in touch. Which is really remarkable to me since they were 8 years old when she moved.

Card Deets: All PTI baby! Cardstock: Pure Poppy, Kraft, Dark Chocolate. Ink: Enchanted Evening, Pure Poppy. Stamps: Fancy Flourishes, Background Basics Stars, Damask Designs, Polka Dot Basics II. Oh, the star punch is Stampin' UP!

5 comments:

Angela S. said...

You could use this for the 4th of July, but I think it would make and awesome birthday card for a boy..I love it..Hope you have fun today crafting...

JazzyH said...

Great card. I love all of the flourishes.

Vicki said...

Great card, Julie! It makes me want to celebrate!! Love the flourishes! Have fun with the sleepover! I miss those days with my girls. Blessings to you!

Jennifer Scull said...

these colors are GREAT!!! I love them paired with the kraft paper!! :)

sarahw said...

Julie, I think this would make a great birthday card. Very festive, maybe you have a friend whose birthday is on July 4th. :)