Thursday, October 22, 2009

Blue Rose

Happy Happy Thursday!!! Goodness this week has flown by! LOVE IT. I just bought my New Moon tickets!! My sister and I are taking our girls Friday night 11-20-09. OOOOOO I am sooo excited! EEEEKKKKK.

On to the card. I got a little crazy with the photography huh? I think I like it just off a little. Just a little wonky. HA I love that word wonky! Anywho.... I got the Allegro Cuttlebug punch and had to test it out. I smeared CTMH white ink over the raised embossed part. Kinda like it! I messed the leaves up. Instead of just cutting out the rose again on the cricut (i did use green to cut out the overlay) for the bottom part of the leaf I just colored it green with my Copic marker, dont really care for the way it came out but I had already spent too much time on the thing so I was makin' it work!
I used the awesome Basic Background Text for the words on the label one die and stamped the border on that with PTI Vintage Labels. The base of the rose is a blue piece of Creative Memories decorative paper, it is all I had that matched the PTI Enchanted Evening cardstock.
I cut out the rose with Hannah Montana Cricut Cart. The Happy Birthday sentiment is PTI Damask Designs. So that is it kids! Hope you like. Have a great night!!!
Cheers!
*Julie*


8 comments:

Payne Holler Cards said...

just lovely! picture is great!

Angela S. said...

Julie, I think it turned out beautiful. I can't tell where you messed up.. looks great to me...

JazzyH said...

Very pretty!

Linda's Crafty World said...

Beautiful card julie. Love the colors. TFS

Gina Lindsay said...

Wonky is one of my most favorite words!

This is just a great card, I love the white on the embossed areas.

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Beautiful colors and the way you photographed it goes well with it. It's a stunning card!

Dru said...

Very pretty - love the blue and the inking on the dry embossing - very elegant!

Karen said...

Hi Julie! Love how you mixed up so many different elements for a fantastic card! :>

Sorry I've been gone for sooooo long!!!! And you were so sweet to check in with me....thanks! I'm hoping to get a new post up this week. Life got really busy and while all of the events were really worth it, I do miss my online home and visiting you!!! I scrolled down a bit and realized just how much wonderful creations I've missed of yous. LOVE LOVE LOVE your purple necklace! :>