Sunday, October 11, 2009

Embellish Color Challenge - Circle card


Happy Beautiful Sunday!!! At least it is here where I am. Perfect temperatures and the sunshine is gorgeous! Anywho.... I got a chance to play in another Embellish Magazine Color Challenge. This time we had to make a circle card. I have NEVER made a circle card before! Wow, am I behind the times or what? I started out cutting the scallop base with the Cricut Mini Monogram Cartridge. Then I used Creative Memories Circle Cutter to cut out the actual card that flips open. I used this method because I could stop at the top giving enough room to score it so it will flip open. Then went back to the Cricut and cut the polka do circle out with the solid circle option.
The cup and saucer was stamped and cut out then raised on pop dots. Before that though I added some "foam" with Liquid Applique. I decided to add a little more brown so used some tiny buttons however....I did not place them exactly like I would have wanted to so I tried to pick them up and replace them and tore the paper a little. Have you ever used glue dots and tried to reposition? Yea...doesn't work so much. Whats done is done so I did not have a choice but to leave it. Well, I could have started all over but I have more things to do today. Thanks so much for looking. Hope you get a chance to play in the challenge also!
Cheers!
*Julie*
Cardstock: PTI Stampers Select White, Spring Moss
Patterned Paper: PTI Bitty Dot Basics Aqua Mist
STamps: Close to my Heart, Coffee Shop. PTI Warm Happiness
Ink: PTI, Aqua Mist, Spring Moss, Dark Chocolate
Buttons: PTI Dark Chocolate

15 comments:

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Super cute! :)

Angela S. said...

Julie, I love it. and I love the colors. they go so good together..

Kelley Eubanks said...

Oh this is great!! Such a cute card!

Gina Lindsay said...

Cute, I love all coffee/cocoa images.

Deanna said...

Gorgeous! That cup of coffee looks delish!

Charlene Austin said...

OK HELLO!! This is so sweet!! Love it missy! I need to get my act in gear and make me one of these challenge cards!

Alyssa S said...

Love it! The latte foam really sets it apart ;o)

Jessica said...

Super cute card!!! I really like the foaming cocoa or is it coffee?? Either way I love the design. Thanks for sharing :)

Wendy said...

Cute card!!! The layout is awesome!

Laurel said...

Wow, this is so yummy!

Dru said...

This is so cute - I love that color combination. This is your first circle card? You'd never know it to look at it - looks like you've done many - great job!!

Unknown said...

Wow this is really super cute!!

Rose said...

Love this!! I like how the buttons look like coffee beans :)

Winter said...

Very cute! Love the coffee cup! Top pick for sure! :)

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

This is so fabby! Love the liquid applique! Thanks so much for participating in the challenge!