Saturday, June 13, 2009

Vacation....all I ever wanted.


HI YA!!!
Whenever I say vacation I think of that song from the Go Gos!!! Fun all girl band back in the day! :)
I am leaving in just a few short hours to Panama City Beach, Florida! The family is so excited as we never got a chance to go last year. Only thing though is hubby is staying behind, this is just a girls trip with me, mom, daughter, sister and niece!! I sure will miss hubs but he will be putting in tile in the kitchen so when I get home I have a new kitchen floor!! whoop whoop! I thought about bringing this card with me to mail him while we are there. It certainly is not manly but it sure is tropical and VERY loud. Mom hated the ribbon on it, said it was WAY too much. So I took it off, what do you think? The card AND the embossing powders are from American Crafts. I won a whole package from American Crafts off of the Cards Magazine blog. In fact I won all of the colors in their 5x7 cards and envelopes for 9 colors, 12 in each pack. THEN I also got the entire collection of Metallic and Glitter Zing embossing powders!!! woooohoooo, yea ME! The paper pack is called Moon Doggie from CTMH. The flowers are also CTMH, a stamp set called Extreme Happiness. I look forward to scrapping some beach pictures with this fun paper. I embossed the flowers with Zing Purple Metallic ep and used the Zing Red Glitter embossing powder for the middle part of the flower. I think this is a Hibiscus and I have NO IDEA the parts of this flower so please excuse my ignorance! LOL I have no green thumb what so ever. I just typed up the sentiment in word using CTMH Stumbling Along Font. Oh! and the ribbon is CTMH Natural Twill. Okie Doke, gotta run. Thanks for stopping by!! Have an awesome week!
Cheers!
*Julie*


12 comments:

Sara said...

GORGEOUS!!! Have a great vacation!

Gina Lindsay said...

I kind of like the ribbon. have a wonderful vacation!!

Anne said...

congratulations and have a great trip! the card is super-I like the twill!

Tina Mayo said...

love it ..wish I were going with ya...have lots of fun!!!

Linda's Crafty World said...

Have a great time. Love the paper.

Karen said...

Congrats on your fabulous win!! Love the paper and those flowers...yup, yup, tropical indeed! I like the layout with the ribbon, but maybe a lighter weight ribbon?? Either way, it is gorgeous and I would think would be bright and happy enough to make anyone smile.....even someone who had to stay home!! Hope you are having a great vacation! :>

"Luv 2 Glitter" by Brenda M. said...

What a pretty card. Have a great vacation. Great bonding time.

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Great card Julie! Have fun at the beach and it's really awesome that you won all that stuff!

Now I have the Go Go's song in my head-- ACK!

Dru said...

Very pretty - have a wonderful vacation!

Angie Williams said...

Love this! So vacation-y!

Unknown said...

A vacation and a new kitchen floor...you are one lucky girl. Lovely card, Have a great vacation.

The Wired Angel said...

Love your card... very tropical and you must have had your vacation in mind when you made it. Great job.