Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Scrapbook Weekend Page 2

Hi thanks for coming back to see me again today. If this is your first time WELCOME and thanks for the visit! This is another page I did this past weekend. I think it is one of my favs. The background paper is CTMH Silhouette. The red heart is Reminisce Flirt (mom got that for me one day thanks mom). The ribbon is super old and don't even know where I got it much less who the maker is. It is around a giant paper clip also hung on the paper clip is a CTMH clear charm that I backed with red paper. you cannot tell in the pic but the charm is etched with a really cute heart. the flowers are paper flowers by CTMH and I colored a couple of them with a dauber and red ink, Holiday red by CTMH. I matted each photo with Bamboo cs by CTMH. I absolutely LOVE this picture of baby Logan and his mom and dad. I was snapping pics of Logan when in the background of one of them I saw Steven and Heather holding each others leg. I just thought that was the sweetest thing. And every time I see it, it makes me smile. The handwritten journaling says "Little man, (that is what we call him)...you were born because your mom and dad love each other". The photo of Logan had my legs in it so I decided to try a little trick I learned on CraftTV.com. To distress the background with a Tonic knife of some sort but I used my scissors 'cause that is all I had. It also said you can carefully bleach out the background. I was at a retreat so we did not have bleach handy ;-) Well I hope you enjoyed the layout today. Thanks again for the visit. Hope you have a SUPER GREAT day!!
Cheers
*Julie*

2 comments:

One Creative Life said...

What a cute page Julie and I love the mom&dad photo. It is a great perspective and adds so much to the page. TFS-Erica

Gina Lindsay said...

That is such a cool page! Love the shot of mom and dad.