Friday, May 30, 2008

Congrats Greg and Michelle




Well, I finally finished it and the wedding is tomorrow!! I have thought of a gift set like this before but Taylored Expressions blog got me moving (See favorite blogs). I bought a naked box at JoAnn then painted it white. Let me go ahead and mention here that this couple is CRAZY UT fans, hence the orange and white. I lined the painted box with orange polka dotted paper I bought at Hobby Lobby (sorry did not get the makers name before I cut it up and glued). I adhered the paper inside the box with modge podge. I personalized their cards by printing their last name with the Heritage Font from (CTMH). Then stamped Mr & Mrs (PTI) in orange (CTMH) and stamped the decorative edging around it from Boxes Bags and Tags (PTI). Punched it out with the CM circle punch and punched out with the next size Orange cs (CTMH)
matted those together and ran a jump ring through it and attached to orange ribbon (Off Ray).
Used the super duper awesome Swiss dots folder for embossing the White Daisy cs (CTMH)
then matted that onto Orange. It is a simple but very elegant card. I customized the gift bag by covering it in the same paper that I lined the box with. I hope they love it. I know at least they will LOVE the colors. GO Big Orange!! Tell me what you think. Thanks for stopping by today!
~Julie~

4 comments:

JoAnna Goodman said...

I think you did a terrific job! I know they will appreciate all the thought you put into it.

Jenn said...

Awesome!!! I love the colors and the cards are simple, but BEAUTIFUL!!! :D

Tiya-B said...

What a terrific gift maker you are.
I bet they really love it, I know I do.

One Creative Life said...

This is such a cute gift set!