These curtains nearly broke my back, I swear! Probably would not have been so bad had I had a proper place to work. The floor was the only obvious place to work because of the space but dang! it was tough. HOWEVER worth every bit of it!
then I bought some linen fabric from Joann and ordered a 50 yard roll of grosgrain ribbon online. THANK GOODNESS my hubby was sitting there when I re figured how much ribbon I needed.
I ALMOST ordered 120 YARDS of ribbon when I only needed around 40 yards. bwwaaahhaa. I was forgetting to divide my feet by 3 to get the correct yardage! Math has never been my strong suit anyway. I ironed on fusible webbing to the black linen then iron those pieces to the curtains. For the ribbon I just used my handy dandy hot glue gun. I have burns to prove it too!
The curtain rod looks a little higher on the right side but it isn't.. well not as much as it looks in the photo. So thats it.. awesome striped curtains! I am soooo making some for my bedroom however I have decided that I will be painting those!!!