Sunday, March 27, 2011

Cousin Nina


Hidy Ho Fellow Crafters! Hope this Sunday Evening finds you well. I have been busy all week and all weekend with house projects. I got a wild hair and have decided to paint the cabinets. I have started with the island in the kitchen. After doing some research and decorating blogs I decided to spray paint it. Well the weather was gorgeous when the project started so i got it out into the garage and what do you know good ole unpredictable Tennessee weather went down hill. So now it has been stuck in the garage in pieces with nothing but primer on. AND taking up mine and hubby's parking space (he has been very nice about it, let me just add that in here!) SO... because once I get an idea in my head it is very hard to sit still. I was planning on waiting to see how that project went before I went on to the next but since it has been too cold and wet to spray paint, I started on daughters bathroom cabinets. sanded, primed and painted !! woo hoo.. it looks gorgeous laying in the hallway floor (the doors)I need them to cure for 24 hours before i hang the doors back on. ANYWAY...... Here is another scrap page from my scrappy weekend. This is my cousin Nina who graduated this past May. She is such a sweet, loving and beautiful girl! She is now attending MTSU on a softball scholarship. Man that girl can play some ball. ALL of it, basketball, softball, volleyball. She has ALWAYS been active in ball since she could walk. I swear. This is a super simple layout. Just her two of her senior pics and her graduation invitation. The only thing I added was the leaves which were cut using the Cricut and I don't know which cart but I thinking Storybook. I totally HEART that cart!! In the meantime I went ahead and got started on my bathroom cabinets.. just sanding the doors so far. I am staining those so i had to sand much more than I did daughers cabinets. so I will busy with those this week and hopefully the weather will cooperate so I can get the island done SOON! I want my parking space back! Thanks for coming to visit today and I hope your week is FABULOUS!!! Cheers! ~Julie~

5 comments:

Tina Mayo said...

wherte is the layout? I dont see it

Tina Mayo said...

nevermind didn't load right the first time..nice page..good luck with the cabinets.. :0)

Dru said...

Love your page - I am so scrapbook challenged!! Hope you can get to your cabinets soon - I know what it's like to get stalled in the middle of a project - ugh! Hugs, Dru

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Love the layout! I've got a dresser to sand and paint. Hubby's got to sand it and then I get to do the rest. I dread it and want to get going at the same time.

Show us some pics when you are finished!

Angie Williams said...

This is a great page!