Saturday, February 28, 2009

Bold Stripes


Hello! Happy Saturday boys and girls. Hope your day is well, Saturday is my favorite day of the week! Okay so I decided to give up sweets and sodas for Lent this year. I am into my fourth day now. OMG it is soooooooo hard. I ate sweets all the time. Rather it be made with real sugar or sugar substitute. I decided to give it all up. No more sugar in my coffee. That actually has been the easiest. I practiced drinking my coffee black for about 2 weeks before Lent. But my diet sodas............oh golly, do I ever miss those. I tried to reason before that if I ate sweets made from splenda I am doing good. Well, not really so I gave it all up for 40 days. Okay I have gone on long enough about that. I got it off my chest. I just think about sweets all the time! argh! So, this little card made with bold stripes.
I used PTI Plum Pudding, Raspberry Fizz and Aqua Mist. Just cut up some stripes and layered them onto white cardstock. The scallop squares are a die cut from cuttlebug. Hello friend is from PTI as is the little butterfly. Easy Peasy simple card. Hope you enjoyed looking at it. Have a fantastic rest of the weekend!
Cheers!
*Julie*

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

so sweet, try not to think of sweets, it will get easier! *~*

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

Julie - this is so great. These are wonderful colors and you did a great job putting them together. I have found that the flavored water seems to help me when it comes to wanting something tasty. I'll pray it gets easier for you soon.

Babies-Beth said...

Great colors, Julie! OTOH, that sweet Logan layout is the cutest thing!

Anonymous said...

Very, very pretty!

Felicia said...

Hi Julie this is a very cute card. I love how you alternated the bold colors. I hear ya girl I too gave up sweets for Lent. It's soooo hard! I have a bad sweet tooth. Just remember we can do it.