Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Father's Day

Good Evening to you all!!!
It is that time to whip up a couple of Father's Day cards. What could be better for a
father-in-law that loves to go to the beach than a beach like card? I make this card after
my super hero markie'smom over at SCS you gotta check out her gallery she is AMAZING!
The layout is a sketch over at SCS also.
I used CTMH New Horizons and Say it with Style for the sentiment. I stamped the lighthouse
in black onto White Daisy then stamped the lighthouse again on scratch paper in Cranberry
then again in Outdoor Denim and then again in Sunflower. I then cut out only the pieces I
needed in each color and paper pieced it onto the main image. then cut the whole image out
It sounds like a lot of work but it really wasn't that bad because the cuts are pretty much
straight lines. I used those same colors of CTMH cs and layered each color onto Black cs.
I made the dots with my Galaxy Marker in Milky Way White. I make the black dots with
my Creative Memories Black pen. Used the oval shaped punch by SU to cut out the sentiment.
There is not a next size up from the large oval punch so I mounted it onto Outdoor Denim cs
and cut it out. Pretty good job for me since I cannot cut worth a POOP! Anyway I really enjoyed
making this card and I hope Big Daddy likes it. Faith aka Markie's Mom has a whole stankin'
gallery full of cards like this. Go see!
Have a FABULOUS day!
~Julie~

No comments: