Sunday, April 13, 2008

April Showers...






Bring crafting hours!! Man it has been a while since I have stayed up til 1:00am. But I did it last night. This has been a VERY wet and rainy April. I am a little tired of the rain for a while. Anywho, I have a few friends at work that need me to make them Mothers Day cards. I wanted to get them done and I was in the "mode" so I kept pumping them out here are a couple. This one I used CTMH Orange and White Daisy cs. SU So Saffron cs and ink. This ribbon is from Michales dots and dashes. I stamped in second generation ink onto the So Saffron with the Legendary Moments in the upper right corner then I embossed with clear embossing powder (maker unknown) the outline of a butterfly from Butterfly kisses both stamp sets are CTMH. I cut the butterfly out and positioned it just above the Happy Mothers Day sentiment from Papertrey Ink's Women of Life. I got this layout idea from the SU catty.
The top card uses PTI Everyday Blessings and Women of Life. I stamped the Cross in SU Bordering Blue and stamped the outline of the Cross in CMTH Twilight. Then used a sweet, tiny paper flower and mini brad from CTMH mini medley set. I stamped the CTMH Colonial White cs with Bamboo ink with the Linen background stamp from SU. I matted it onto a piece of Bordering Blue. Then matted that onto Chocolate cs from CTMH. I placed those layers onto PTI Spring Moss and tied a piece of retired French Blue to complete the look. Stamped the PTI sentiment with CTMH Chocolate ink. I love to combine lots of makers onto one project. Just shows how versitile everything is. TFL




No comments: