Sunday, September 13, 2009

Shrimp & Grits And a Card


Sorry for the lack of posts this weekend. We babysat Grandbaby Logan so I was pretty tied up..I enjoyed every minute of it though!!! He is 13 months old and walking everywhere and he tries to talk A-LOT. I love it.
Okay so, I dont know of shrimp and grits is just a southern thing or not but if you have never tried them OH MY you really should. I have always had them at a party or restaurant and have not ever tried to make them. Well, I did for dinner tonight. Holy schmoly soooo yummy. I found a recipe from Bobby Flay (Food Network). Just a mixure of cheese, grits, bacon, green onion, garlic, lemon juice and shrimp.....YUMMMMMM.
I will definitely make this again. GREAT winter comfort food.
This little card was put together using several makers. The cardstock is PTI Melon Berry, Vintage Cream and Dark Chocolate. The owl is also PTI Wise Owl set and so is the leaves and flowers. The dots on the Melon Berry is Close to my Heart Spot on Background. The branch is from PTI Out on a Limb Revisited. I stamped it then stamped another and cut it out for a
somewhat 3-D look even though I did not use foam dots because the limbs where too skinny.
The ink is CTMH Sorbet and Garden Green. The owl is colored with Copic Markers ( I really need to practice with those). For the sentiment I used SU Window Word punch.
Have a great night. Let me know if you have a great recipe for Shrimp and Grits!!!!
Cheers!!!!!
*Julie*

4 comments:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Love the card! The colors are wonderful! I've never made shrimp and grits. Sounds delicious though!

Michelle said...

Mmmmm that shrimp dish does sound good...then again I am quite hngry right now...lol...and your card is very yummy too!!! :)

Gina Lindsay said...

I haven't made that in a while, looks delicious. Did my dinner invite get lost?? Just kidding you! Very pretty card. Can't wait to see new pics of baby Logan. SIlas has turned two and we sill call him baby Silas!

Karen said...

I've never had shrimp and grits before. Something I did have the last time I was somewhat out your way (KY, four years ago), was fried green tomatoes.......oh my! I LOVED those! The ingredients for the shrimp and grits sounds great. :>

Love your card! At first I thought the flowers were the funky flowers from My Cute Stamps...until I read, of course. I love Alli Miles' Wise Owls. I still don't have it, but its on that really long wish list o' mine! :>